Boxie24 we want you to have the best experience possible when you store your belongings with us. It’s our job to keep them safe and secure while they’re with us.
You would like to rent self storage? You want your belongings to be safe and stored correctly by professionals? But you don't want to pay an exaggerated amount of money? Then Boxie24 is your storage provider - we offer cheap storage solutions for everybody.
At Boxie24 we focus on our customers, therefore, we made the booking process for you as easy as possible. Rent your self storage by following these three steps:
What you should know before renting self storage
Before renting a storage facility you should determine how much space you really need. This is important, so you don't pay for space you are not using. You can use our space calculator to calculate how much space you really need. It is also always a good idea to get right away in contact with us. Our storage experts are happy to assist you! With their expertise, they can define your space needs, so you are not overpaying.
We Pick it up and Store it for you!
At Boxie24 we offer our customers a unique pick-up service, you don't have to bring your goods to us, we come and collect them ourselves. Just make an appointment with our service team. After the pick-up, your goods will be professionally stored in one of our storage facilities. You don't have to do anything yourself, just make an appointment, prepare the items you want to store and let us do the heavy lifting. If you live on the first floor or below our service is for free - otherwise, you pay a small fee. The storage units from Boxie24 are modern, clean and secure. Our warehouse personnel are trained to handle your goods properly.
We return your items!
When the time comes and you need your items back, then get in contact with us! In most cases, we can deliver your items back to you within 24H or you can also come by at our warehouse and pick them up yourself. If you want to use our return delivery service we will make sure your items are transported professionally - the cost for our return delivery service depends on the amount of items you have stored with us and on which floor you live.
Storing with Boxie24 is easy- you can just relax and we organize the pick-up and the storage of your items for you. We offer self storage in Berlin, self storage in Hamburg and self storage in Munich. If you have further questions just contact our service team under 0800 4030 180, our goal is to make your life easier!
Before you even begin packing, you must make some decisions about the space you intend to rent. Consider the following factors to ensure you get the right storage provider for your needs.
Type – Are you storing personal or business-related items? Will you be storing any vehicles? Different types of belongings require different types of units.
Size – It’s important to be as accurate as possible about the number of items you plan to store in order to avoid paying for space you don’t use. Further, you don’t want to underestimate either, because then you might have to move all of your things to another unit. Use our storage space calculator to determine the amount of space you’ll need if you aren’t sure.
Climate controlled – Some possessions are susceptible to damage caused by high humidity or extreme temperatures. If you are storing things such as artwork, books, clothing, etc. consider opting for a climate-controlled unit.
Insurance – When you place your things in self storage, you are still responsible for their well-being. For this reason, you must show you have insurance to cover them or purchase insurance when you rent the unit.
Security - Your belongings should always be secured. Ask if the storage facility is 24/7 alarmed and under video surveillance or if authorized guard personnel is present.
Privacy - Storage providers are obliged to watch out for their customers' privacy. Big units where different customers store, must never be accessible for third parties.
Handover Protocol - Make sure that the storage provider offers a handover protocol, otherwise you do not have any proof of what the provider actually stores for you.
Read reviews given by previous customers - What kind of track record does the company have? What have previous customers had to say about them? Be sure to look beyond simple factors such as price.
Look for a monthly contract option - Some self storage companies only offer long-term storage contracts. When you only need storage on a temporary basis, these contracts can be costly.
If you only need a short-term storage solution for something like an office move or remodel, look for a facility that lets you rent on a month-to-month basis, or one that offers monthly cancellations, when necessary.
Most everyone thinks they know how to pack. You simply get some cardboard boxes from the nearest grocery store, put your things inside and tape them shut, right? Wrong!
Check out the following self storage tips for proper packing to ensure you pack your things correctly so they withstand the transport to and from the facility, as well as their time in storage.
1. Use quality packing materials. Cardboard boxes and other packing materials degrade over time, so it’s important to choose quality materials in the beginning. You can purchase moving boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, moving blankets and other packing supplies from Boxie24 Storage, or you can acquire them on your own.
2. Use just one or two different sized boxes. To make organizing and stacking your boxes easier, use only one or two different sized boxes to pack your things. This ensures the boxes you stack on top of each other stay that way.
3. Pack heavy and light items together. To avoid making boxes too heavy to carry, pack a mixture of heavy and lightweight items in the boxes. For example, boxes packed with books can get very heavy very fast. Place a few books at the bottom of a box and then finish filling the box with lighter weight items.
4. Label each box carefully. There may come a time when you need to find a specific item in a specific box you’ve placed in storage. To make this task easier, be sure to label each box accurately with the contents inside.
To further make identifying boxes easier, you can label each box with the room in which its contents belong. This is especially helpful when moving from one place to another.
5. Avoid using plastic bags for packing. You might think you’re protecting your belongings by packing them in sealed plastic bags, but the reality is, you could be causing them damage. Humidity can get inside the bag and cause mildew, so forgo the plastic bags altogether.
6. Some possessions are prohibited in self storage. Be aware that some items are not allowed in storage units. Some of these include:
Flammable liquids and fuels
The contract you enter into when you rent the unit will state exactly what possessions are not allowed to be stored.
At this stage in the storage process, it’s vital that you take the time to organize your belongings properly. Not only will this ensure your belongings survive their stay in storage, but it also helps you save money in the long run.
A well-organized small unit is cheaper than an unorganized bigger one. Keeping ease of access to your things in mind, use the following self storage tips for an organization to pack your things correctly.
1. If possible, leave a walkway open between stacked boxes. This may not always be possible in smaller units, but for convenience, try leaving an aisle to walk through between the boxes you’ve stacked.
2. Stack heavier boxes on the bottom. If you plan to stack your unit high with boxes, always place heavier ones on the bottom to avoid jeopardizing the integrity of the stacked boxes and damaging your belongings.
3. Plan ahead for access. If you know you’ll need to get at something often, store it near the front of the unit so you can get to it easily.
4. Make use of hollow spaces. Fill hollow spaces such as drawers, refrigerators, washing machines, etc. with small items and boxes in order to maximize your storage space.
5. Leave appliance doors open a crack. Crack open the doors on kitchen appliances to keep foul odors and/or mildew from becoming a problem. If the doors won’t stay open by themselves, prop them open with something.
We hope you find the above tips helpful as you go about renting self storage.
If you need to store your things short or long-term, Boxie24 Storage has the right self storage solution for you. Contact us to speak with one of our storage professionals and reserve your space today.
Renting storage units has never been as easy as with Boxie24. We are the only self-storage provider in Germany that offers the pick-up and return of your storage items. Furthermore, Boxie24 offers other unbeatable advantages:
The Price - Boxie24 is the cheapest storage provider in Germany, we use an advanced storage system in our storage facilities and are therefore able to offer a cheaper price than the competition.
Safe - All our units are 24/7 under video surveillance and secured against deprivation. Furthermore, only our authorized employees have access to the storage facilities to ensure secure self storage.
Clean - Our storage rooms are equipped with a hard and consistent ground, which makes cleaning easy and the storage more secure. Our employees also ensure that the storage facilities are always clean.
Dry - Boxie24 offers climate-controlled storage, all our self storage units are climatized, which ensures dry and protective storage of sensitive items.
Practical - We offer you a unique pick-up and return delivery service. You don't need to do any of the transportation - Boxie24 does it for you!
Flexible - Boxie24 offers flexible storage periods and short minimum terms.
Individual - Every customer is a different customer receives his personal customer service consultant, we treat our customers individually.
Contact us anytime
We want to help you in the best possible way.
If you would like us to call you back, please enter your phone number below and one of our storage experts will get in touch with you shortly.
Please let us know the best time to call you back (Mon - Fri 9AM - 6PM):