It’s fair to say that most, if not all people, end up saving a lot of their belongings and furniture that they’ve accumulated throughout their lives and come to a point where having enough space becomes an issue.
Whether you are outgrowing your clothes but can’t decide whether to throw your old clothes away or keep them. Or you are starting to make more money after that promotion at work and want to buy new furniture and technology for your house, but are not sure what to do with the older items that still work but has become outdated.
Or even if you’re moving from one place to another and it’s difficult to decide whether or not you are going to keep some items and throw away the other; decluttering your belongings can be harder than it looks and requires much more thought and energy to do so.
You don’t have to let go of items with sentimental value
Not to mention, it’s not easy to let go of items especially when they hold a lot of sentimental value and good memories for you and/or your close ones. I would agree that most people would choose to live a life that’s organized and live in a clean environment. However, it’s easier said than done and many people lack the motivation to do so.
With that being said – BOXIE24 was created to help those that need help decluttering their space. At the same time, hiring a storage unit at BOXIE24 enables you to keep your items that hold meaning to you while you free up some space in order to live in a more organized, clean environment.
The Benefits of decluttering your life
Less to clean
The more items you have taking up your space will eventually mean that you will have more things to clean, especially the dust that will accumulate if it just sits there as storage. One of the many benefits of decluttering your space is less things to clean and less things to worry about. At the same time it enables you to live in an environment that is not only spacious and clean, but most likely safe for both the environment as well as for your mental and physical well being.
And as time goes on and more items continue to pile on at your house, office or even mancave – not only will you have more things to clean but you may also have to move to a bigger place to have more space to store your items while being able to live somewhat comfortably.
Not to mention – this may become a financial burden since you will have to spend more money on either a bigger house or office space, spend money on cleaning and organization supplies like boxes, or even hurt your relationship with your friends and family since you won’t be able to invite people over with no space to hang out.
Cleaning is already enough of a chore, but having to clean around things you have zero emotional attachment to (or worse, actively dislike) makes cleaning the house much more stressful.
Less to organize
When you start decluttering your space, not only do you have more space to roam around, but you have fewer things to worry about and to organize. The statement “Less is more”, is definitely true in this case.
There are many benefits to using a storage service like BOXIE24. Such as freeing up your space so you can stay organized, live in a healthier environment and ultimately have fewer things to organize.
I firmly believe that decluttering and tidying up your home will help you to be able to quickly and efficiently finds things around your home. Things don’t just “disappear” anymore. You can actually move around your home and enjoy the space, instead of moving around things that are standing in the way.
Finding a place to store your belongings is easy; just search for ‘self storage near me’. However, be aware of dubious storage providers and make sure you go with a full-service storage provider who will help you with both the transport and storage of your belongings.
Looking around at the clutter is a nausea-inducing sight once your home becomes cluttered enough. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to look around and see a home you love? And to be able to invite all your friends, family, guests or even clients over to your home or office space, so you can spend quality time with the ones you love.
Keep the stress to a minimum, declutter your home or office space and see the magic of tidying up with using BOXIE24’s all-in-one moving and self storage solution!
More energy for your greatest passions
The life-changing magic of tidying up can spark joy for most people. Decluttering your home can improve your life in more ways than one. It will free up your mind and time to focus on the things you love and are passionate about.
With fewer things to worry about and more time, space and energy acquired when decluttering your home – it’s clear that the benefits far outweigh the cons. With less debt, more financial freedom, and a clean home, you can now focus your energy on the things you enjoy instead of worrying about “Keeping up with the Joneses.” This will ultimately make you happier.
5 ways to declutter your life
With the New Year rapidly approaching, many people begin thinking of ways they can improve their lives in the upcoming year. Some people set lofty New Year’s resolutions that often go by the wayside after just a few short weeks. Others forgo the resolution and vow to do better. Either way, it’s very easy to return to old ways of doing things.
It’s never too late to adopt new, better ways of doing things. From living a healthier lifestyle to saving more money, you can attain your goals quite easily when you have a plan in place. Use the following five ways to declutter your life and watch how easy it is to achieve your goals this upcoming year.
1: Manage Your Paper Trail
- A lot of us fall victim to opening our mail but not being able to finish it and it ends up becoming extra clutter in your home. If you can’t finish the mail, don’t start the mail unless you can do it all at once. If you plan on opening your mail, make sure you are able to finish the mail and either dispose accordingly or save the mail. It’s best to do it all at once instead of storing the mail to be looked at later since you’ll just end up accumulating more storage space.
- If it helps, use a basket to collect every mail and then being able to sort them out. This might help declutter your home and help you stay organized and on top of everything.
- When dealing with coupons or other time-sensitive items that you need to store for a later time – you should use a bin or clip to collect all the valuable coupons and flyers, until you are ready to use them. Use the recycle bin for any unwanted items.
- For those that receive monthly catalogs, newsletters or whatever it may be, it can be hard to declutter those items since they can be reused or revisited at some point down the line. In that case, as mentioned earlier, I would highly recommend you buy moving boxes, bins, baskets, folders, etc. to stay organized of all your items. It helps to declutter your space from having loads of mail pile up, and just have a peace of mind.
This way, if you’re shopping for something specific, you’ll be able to quickly know where to find the coupons associated with the items which will save you loads of stress in trying to dig through piles of paperwork. As you have new catalogs replacing the old, use recycle bins to store older unwanted catalogs so you can manage the clutter in your home.
Another trick is if you don’t need the full catalog, just simply rip off the pages that hold value to you (store in a safe place) and recycle the catalogs/newsletters accordingly. Aside from the monthly catalogs, newsletters and other subscriptions that you receive in the mail, I would recommend separating the rest of your pile of mail: bills, personal correspondence, time-sensitive invitations, requests for charitable donations, membership renewals, new credit card offers and so forth.
- Last but not least, make sure you prioritize all the important mail that you may receive, such as bills. Because they represent a relationship that must be honored. If you want the services, you have to pay for them, so make sure you read and pay your bills first and foremost.
And all the stuff that says, “You’ve been selected to receive these free gifts” can go straight into the recycling bin – all you want is the bill and the return envelope.“
- For any pending invitations that you receive in the mail that needs to be scheduled into your calendar, I’d recommend putting those invitations aside in a separate basket so you can remember to add them into your personal calendars as a reminder whenever you get the chance.
- If there’s room in your home office, have small bins in which to stack bills, invitations and the correspondence you’re keeping.
2: Declutter your clothes and wardrobe
For those that save up items and clutter their homes with clothes from the past, you will realize that you are not truly using all the clothes in your wardrobe most of the time. As a matter of fact, most people who start decluttering their clothes and closets as a whole – soon realize they haven’t even worn half of the clothes they have. They end up finding missing items that they were looking for all along. In order to prevent this from happening, here is what you can do to declutter your wardrobe:
Categorize your clothes into three categories
- You should store all the clothes you wear on a regular basis in your closet. To help you even further, I would categorize your clothes so that all the t-shirts, pants, socks, jackets, and anything else have their own spot in your wardrobe. This way your wardrobe closet will stay organized.
- For the second category, I would organize according to seasonal clothing. You won’t need your winter clothes and jackets during the summer and vice versa. Being able to organize and categorize your clothing accordingly to the season will help free up tons of space. You can have a better peace of mind, and of course, store all the unwanted clothing in a storage unit near you.
- Last but not least, for all the clothes that you never wear, I would highly recommend bringing them to charities or non-profit organizations and donate them to a good cause. Not only will you declutter your home and closet, but you’ll be giving back and helping those that really need it.
Your home is not a museum
Many people subscribe to the unwritten rule that you’re obligated to keep your great aunt’s dishes, even if you don’t like them, just because she used them. But maybe your great-aunt never liked them either and also felt too guilty to let them go. Things don’t have to become yours simply because they belonged to a relative. You’re not living her life, and you’re not a bad person for giving inherited items away.
Memories from your own life are harder to part with because when you see them, you relive the story: to you, it’s THE cashmere V-neck that you wore on your first date with the man who would become your husband. To anyone else, it’s just an old sweater full of holes.
The key to parting with items suspended in time is not to replay that story. Leave the room, come back in and see what you’re really holding on to: a sweater that’s seen better days.
“Rule of thumb: If it serves no purpose, let it go!”
So whether you’re looking to give your clothes away to charity, throw them away, or store them; you always have a convenient option to handle all your moving and storage needs with BOXIE24.
3: Commit Fully to a Decluttering Routine
It’s important to stick to a routine and finish each cycle of decluttering
Consider your washing machine: You’d never fill it with dirty clothes, let it run for 20 minutes then turn it off and let the clothes sit for two days. That would create a stinky mess!
So it is with our daily routines: Doing things halfway wreaks havoc. That’s why it’s important to finish each cycle. For example, if you bring a dirty plate into the kitchen, don’t leave it on the counter—put it in the dishwasher! When you pull on sweatpants after work, don’t toss your skirt on the bed—hang it in your closet.
Each of these tasks requires about a minute, which is minimal compared with the time you’d waste later looking for that skirt.
4: Do the 10-Minute Declutter Exercise (aka the “Trash Bag Tango”)
If you’re feeling overwhelmed and don’t know where to start, here’s a technique that will help you slowly eat away at it. I call it the “trash bag tango” and this is how it goes:
You get two trash bags, with the idea here being to clear the superficial clutter from your home.
In the first one you put trash; in the second bag, you put stuff that’s going to a charity or a yard sale, books that you’ve read or clothing that no longer fits you,—and anything else that you just want out of the house.
If you do this simple 10-minute routine every day for a week you’ll notice a difference. Do it every day for two weeks everyone will notice a difference. And do it every day for a month and you’ll really be on top of the clutter.
5: Clean Out Your Phone
Smartphones are a wonderful invention, but they can get just as cluttered as other areas of your life. If you are constantly having to delete old files to make room for new ones, you might want to take this suggestion to heart.
- Take one afternoon a month to back up your photos and other important files to your computer or cloud storage, and then delete them from your phone to free up space.
- Uninstall apps you no longer use, and organize the ones you do. You’ll save yourself a ton of time and frustration, and not having a million pictures to scroll through when you want to post something is definitely nice.
Using self storage providers like BOXIE24 is a great way to help you declutter your life and resolve a lot of the problems that come with it. Especially since we’re a full-service storage provider and you really don’t have to do much of the work.
Here are some reasons why you should go with a full-service storage provider:
Convenient: we have a full-service option to pick up, store and redeliver your items, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
Perfect Storage Conditions: We have clean, dry and air-conditioned, fully secured facilities.
Moving Boxes: we can provide supplies for your moving and storage like our eco-friendly moving boxes, these are great for your archive storage!
Low Priced: Thanks to our advanced storage system, we are cheaper than the competition. Also, you will be paying only for the space you occupy.
BOXIE24 is here to help!
Should you have any questions and want to learn more about BOXIE24’s full-service storage and moving company, feel free to give us a call at 085-001-2853 or fill out one of our contact forms.