Are you looking for a safe and secure storage facility in Melbourne to store your unused furniture? Boxie24 is here to offer you the best storage experience!Most people must have encountered a situation where they don’t have enough space for their furniture, and just don’t know how to resolve the problem efficiently. Whatever your reasons or situation, if you’re in need of space to store your furniture, Boxie24 can help you out! From sofas and recliners to entire bedroom sets and more, our climate-controlled storage units are available in a variety of sizes to meet your needs.
Boxie24 offers an all-in-one solution for your storage needs:
- We Come to You: our professional team will pick up your furniture free of charge*
- We Store: we safely store your furniture in one of our secured and climate controlled storage warehouses
- We Deliver: whenever and wherever you want your furniture back, we will re-deliver them to you! Partial deliveries are also possible, usually within 24 hours. Just give us a call!
- Reasons to store your furniture
- Short-term storage of furniture
- Long-term storage of furniture
- Affordable storage of furniture
- Why Boxie24 offers furniture storage for the Best Price
- How to rent storage for your furniture with Boxie24
- Why choose Boxie24 for furniture storage?
- Storage of furniture - Do not make these mistakes
- FAQs on furniture storage
Reasons to store your furnitureMaybe you are downsizing to a smaller residence but you don’t want to part with your beloved old furniture. Or you are renovating/remodeling your home and you need somewhere to temporarily store your furniture during the process. You might even be going to work overseas and you are looking for a long-term storage solution. In short, there are many reasons why you could be looking for a space to store your furniture:
- Moving house
- Moving abroad
Short-Term Storage for FurnitureShort-term storage is generally defined as storage for three months or less. Renting a temporary storage space for your furniture is especially a popular choice when it comes to moving. People sometimes need a temporary place to store their stuff for many different reasons:
- The gap During a house move there is often a gap between selling your old home and moving into your new home. Short-term storage is the perfect solution for your temporary lack of space.
- Renovation If you are planning to renovate your home, you should store your furniture beforehand just to keep your furniture safe and out of the way whilst decorating, deep-cleaning carpets or during the actual construction.
- Decluttering Minimizing clutter is one of the main reasons why people rent short-term units. For example, when you are selling your house, you want your house to look tidy and spacious for the potential buyers. However, the reality is that you often don’t have enough space to temporarily hide all those items that you don’t want them to see. Renting short-term storage for your furniture is definitely one of the best ways to free your house from unnecessary clutter.
Long-Term storage of FurnitureIf you are planning on long-term travel or living abroad, it could be stressful to determine what to do with your stuff while you are away from home for months or years. Your main purpose is to keep your belongings safe and clean. Our climate controlled storage facilities are perfect for long term-storage. So if you are moving interstate or abroad, and you do not want to say goodbye to your furniture, consider using Boxie24. We will look after your belongings while you are away and whenever you need them again, we’ll deliver them to your doorstep.
There are many different scenarios where people need to store their items for a long period:
- Job relocation If you have gotten an offer from your dream company, they may need you to relocate. You probably will need to move to a new place for work for a period of time and would like to keep your inherited furniture protected while you are not home. At Boxie24, we provide all the storage services you need, contact us now for more information.
- For future use If any of the furniture does not fit into your current home, but it has sentimental or monetary value, you might want to find a place to store it. Long-term storage for furniture would be your ideal solution in this situation. You can always take it back out when you move to your new home or for other purposes.
- Children going to college By the time your children have grown up, it is time for them to go to college. If your children are going to a boarding school, as a parent, you might want to store their items since they are not going to be home for a period of time so that you could have some extra space to use. Pick the long-term storage company that you can trust, and you can rest easy knowing that your items are in good hands!
- Seasonal furniture You may want to give your house and your life a little breathe by having an extra seating area. How do you do it? The best way is to store your seasonal furniture and equipment in the storage so that you could have enough space to place a longer sofa that you can sleep and jump on.
Affordable Storage of FurnitureWhen it comes to self storage in Melbourne, the cost can vary greatly. It depends on the amount of storage you need, your location, and the types of storage you want to use (for example; Office storage). Furniture storage in Melbourne has never been easier and more affordable than with Boxie24. We monitor our competition and ensure that our prices are among the cheapest self-storage providers. On top of that, Boxie24 will provide you with top-notch customer service.
No hidden costsBesides offering the lowest prices, we are very transparent with what you’ll pay with us. The price you see upfront, is the price you pay.
Only pay for the space you useAt Boxie24 you will never pay for any unused space; you will only pay for the storage space you actually use. We automatically adjust your storage space if you have reserved more space than you need and adjust the price accordingly. You’ll never need to pay any hidden fees or unexpected costs at the end of your contract. Plus, you can easily change the size of your storage space when you want to add more items or when you have had some items delivered back to you. Just let us know! Get a quote
Why Boxie24 offers furniture storage for the Best Price
- Advanced Storage System – Compared with traditional storage providers, Boxie24 works with a new storage concept which allows us to store more efficiently than our competitors. Therefore, we are able to offer better prices for our customers.
- Just pay for what you use – Our storage system is smart enough to determine how much storage space you really need. You won’t pay for any unused space; you will only pay for what you’ve stored!
- All-in-one solution – when it comes to moving, you are probably going to need a moving company and rent self-storage. Isn’t that annoying? With boxie24, we have an all-in-one solution, which we provide all the services you need while offering you better prices than renting a self-storage + moving company, this saves you time and money!
How to Rent Storage for Your Furniture with Boxie24First time renting a storage space or storage unit in Melbourne? Don’t panic, we can help. The process is easy, simply follow the four steps below, and you will have your precious furniture stored in our advanced storage facilities.
- First, visit our website to learn about the types and sizes of storage units we offer. Insert your postal code in our quote form and simply reserve your unit online. If you need more help with determining the size of your storage space, just give us a call.
- Once you’ve made your choice, we will give you a call to confirm your reservation and to set dates for the pick-up.
- When you are ready, Boxie24 storage will come to you and take care of the loading and transporting of your belongings to our storage centers.
- Need something back? Give us a call and we deliver the items back to you.
Why Choose Boxie24 for Furniture Storage?We offer both short and long-term furniture storage. In either case, we pick-up, store, and redeliver your furniture. Whether you are moving homes, having some renovations done, or working overseas for an extended period, we’ve got you covered. Boxie24 is a full-service storage provider. When you rent furniture storage space with us, you get:
Flexible contracts No long-term commitments. You can cancel at any time, for any reason. Rent furniture storage space for as long as you need it.
Affordability On average, renting furniture storage with Boxie24 is up to 20 percent cheaper than renting with other storage providers.
Climate-controlled units No matter what the temperatures and humidity levels are outside, our units are climate-controlled to ensure your furniture, antiques and family heirlooms aren’t damaged in any way.
Free pickup There’s no need to strain your back lifting heavy furniture. We’ll come right to your home, load your furniture, and transport it to our facility. When you need it back, just let us know when and where and we’ll deliver it to you.
Moving box rental Planning to store some smaller items along with your furniture? No problem! We offer moving box rental. Designed for both moving and storage, these moving boxes are stronger and more durable than traditional cardboard boxes, and they’re reusable, which makes them eco-friendly. When renting our moving boxes we will deliver them to you and pick them up again when you don´t need them anymore. But you can also just buy our moving boxes.
24/7 camera surveillance Rest assured that your furniture is safe and secure when stored with us. Our facility is well-lit and monitored around the clock with camera surveillance. Restricted public access makes it extra-secure.
Self-storage insurance When you rent from Boxie24, you will be given the opportunity to purchase an insurance policy that covers the value of your stored items.
Storage of Furniture - Do not make these mistakesAre you holding on to antique family heirlooms that don’t fit your modern décor? Do you have cribs and baby furniture you are waiting to pass down to your children? You’re not alone. Lots of homeowners have furniture cluttering up their space. Furniture storage can help you reclaim yours. If you are choosing to store your furniture though, make sure you follow the proper steps for preservation.
- Choose the right storage option for you If you want to be sure your furniture is in the same condition when you retrieve it from storage as it was when you put it in, you definitely want to rent with a professional storage company. This should most certainly be considered if your furniture will be stored for a lengthy period of time. A climate-controlled unit is the best way to ensure your furniture stays safe from moisture and changing temperatures. Leather, for instance, is susceptible to cracking and peeling in extreme heat or dryness. Excessive humidity and dampness can contribute to mold and pest infestation. Wood that's stored in unstable temperature conditions can crack, swell or shrink, causing glued joints to loosen.
- Clean Never ever put dirty items inside your unit. Doing so will raise your chances of mold and item deterioration. Begin by wiping down your pieces with a fresh cloth. Then, for plastic furniture, use mild soap and water. For wooden pieces (especially antiques), use a wood cleaner to protect the existing finish on the wood. Or you can apply paste furniture wax to the wood with a soft cotton cloth. Be sure to also clean fabric items like couches or seat cushions with fabric or upholstery cleaner. Check that everything is completely dry before you start packing it up. Patches of trapped moisture can damage your item over time, and create marks of discoloration. Polish any metal with a polishing cloth and metal cleaner. This step will help remove any existing oxidation and delay the build-up of tarnish.
- Disassemble your pieces Take any larger furniture pieces apart before moving them. Remove legs from tables and sofas, take out drawers from dressers and cushions from couches, and remove planks from bedframes. Pack and label everything to stay organized. Put all screws, bolts, Allen wrenches, and other small items in a labeled baggie, and attach the baggie to the furniture it belongs to. This extra step will make it easier to pack and it will also reduce the likelihood of anything breaking or getting damaged.
- Wrap it up Never put furniture into a storage unit uncovered. Use old sheets, blankets, drop cloths, or plastic wrap to cover the pieces and protect them from dust and moisture. Wrap furniture so that it can breathe by loosely draping the material over the furniture. One thing you’ll want to avoid is shrink-wrapping your furniture. Shrink-wrap can trap moisture and even melt in the heat, sticking to and ruining the surface of your furniture. Plastic shrink wrap should not be used on wood or leather in any circumstances. The slightest bit of condensation can cause damage to leather or finished wood surfaces. Even during a brief move, wood and leather furniture should be wrapped in moving blankets or packing paper instead of plastic shrink wrap or bubble wrap.
- Protect your glass Glass items – like tabletops and mirrors – require extra careful packing. Wrap all glass with packing paper. Then, cover the glass in bubble wrap or put the entire item into its own box.
- Smart storage Make sure your storage unit is large enough that you can leave space in between items. This allows air to flow freely between the furniture, helping to protect items from damage. It also makes it easier to remove items when you need to retrieve them. Be sure to leave all furniture at least 4-6 inches away from the walls, preventing contact with any condensation that runs down the wall of your unit. Store items like couches in their proper position whenever possible to prevent structural damage. Do not rest them on their sides to save space. Also, never place any items on top of your couch during storage. And keep items like paint or chemicals – which could damage the couch one contact – away.
- Raise furniture off the floor Add a layer of protection against flooding by storing furniture on anything other than the floor. Even if there is no flooding, moisture tends to leach from concrete and can cause wood to swell or rot. Pallets, cinder blocks, or even a layer of cardboard or drop cloth is recommended.
- Beware of perishables It is a major no-no to leave anything perishable in your storage facility. This goes for cardboard boxes you may have collected from a supermarket. Remember, those boxes may have pest eggs inside them. The last thing you want is bugs or critters in your storage space.