Call free:030 58849078
Call free:030 58849078
Find self storage near you in 2 minutes.
Boxie 24 Storage has many years experience in the self storage business. As such, we have extensive experience and knowledge when it comes to packing, moving and storage. From offering a wide range of storage units for rent and quality moving supplies to providing advice for successful packing and moving, we go above and beyond to ensure our customers have a stress and hassle-free experience.
Whether you’re moving your family across town, or you’re packing up the office for a remodel, moving can be stressful. If you’re not an expert, the process can be even more hampered by a lack of knowledge about packing using the right moving boxes and moving supplies for the type of items you need to move. Boxie24 Storage professionals are experts in the field and are more than happy to assist in making your move an easy one.
Boxie24 Storage offers the following best moving tips and advice to ensure moving and storing your belongings is as hassle-free as possible. For even more convenience, check out our moving checklist, too.
1. Take inventory of the stuff you store. People tend to forget what they’ve placed in their storage units, especially if the items have been there for a long time. To make it easy to remember and find what you’ve stored with us, keep a running inventory as you pack. Better yet, use our online inventory application.
2. Plan ahead for packing your storage unit. Many people begin packing their storage unit without giving it much thought. What they usually end up with is an unsafe, unorganized mess. Use the following tips to pack your unit for ease of access and better safety.
Stack boxes along the walls of your unit rather than in the middle of the floor. This makes for sturdier stacks and allows you access to the back of your storage unit.
Pack items you use frequently in the front of your unit.
Stack like-sized boxes on top of one another to use space efficiently.
Pack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter ones on top.
Keep a folding step stool on hand to reach top boxes easily.
3. Use large furniture items to pack smaller items. If you’re storing things like wardrobes or refrigerators, take advantage of their empty spaces by packing smaller items inside to maximize the space in your storage unit. Keep in mind that you’ll need to keep their doors open a crack to allow for sufficient airflow to deter mildew.
4. Leave space between stacks of boxes for airflow.
5. Don’t store perishables or items with strong fumes. Drain gas and other odorous fuels from vehicles before storing.
6. Use specialized equipment to help with heavy lifting. Boxie24 Storage has complementary dollies for you to use to help with the heavy lifting.
One of our core values is doing what we can to ensure the future of our planet. We work with our customers to decrease our ecological footprint, and that’s why we’re offering the following eco-friendly storage tips.
1. Use eco-friendly moving supplies. Boxie24 Storage offers sustainable moving boxes made from 100 percent recyclable material. These rentable boxes are much bigger and much stronger than traditional cardboard boxes. This means they last longer and cause less waste than cardboard. Read more about whether to buy or rent moving boxes.
2. Use eco-friendly wrapping paper. Don’t waste money on brown packing paper. Instead, use old newspapers to pad delicate items such as dishes. This is a great way to reuse newspaper and save the planet.
3. Use rope and string in place of packing tape. Packing tape is rarely biodegradable, and it uses a lot of energy during manufacturing. Instead of sealing boxes with tape, tie frequently accessed boxes with rope or string, which lasts much longer.
Whether moving or simply storing your items, the following moving tips on packing will save you a lot of time and frustration.
1. Use the right moving supplies for the job. A very common mistake most people make when packing for a move or storage is not using the right moving supplies for the items they pack. Using cheap moving boxes and plastic shopping bags acquired from the local supermarket does little to protect your things during transport and storage. The boxes often crush in on themselves and the plastic bags tear. Rather than risk damage, use quality moving supplies in the beginning.
2. Don’t overload boxes.
3. Label all boxes accurately. Make identifying box contents easy by labeling each moving box with what’s inside and the room to which it belongs.
4. Disassemble large items. Maximize the space inside your storage unit by disassembling any large items. This applies to things such as tables that take up a lot of space when fully assembled.
5. Cover furniture to keep it clean.
Whether you’re moving a short distance or a long ways away, the best moving tips above can help you through the process with ease. If you have any questions, or need some advice with your own move or self storage solution, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 0800 1040401. If you’re a business owner looking for business self storage solutions, we offer complete office moves, too.