Enter your details below and we will call you back with an offer.
Boxie 24 Storage has many years experience in the self storage business. As such, we have extensive experience and knowledge when it comes to packing, moving and storage.
From offering a wide range of storage units for rent and quality moving supplies to providing advice for successful packing and moving, we go above and beyond to ensure our customers have a stress and hassle-free experience.
Whether you’re moving your family across town, or you’re packing up the office for a remodel, moving can be stressful. If you’re not an expert, the process can be even more hampered by a lack of knowledge about packing using the right moving boxes and moving supplies for the type of items you need to move.
Boxie24 Storage professionals are experts in the field and are more than happy to assist in making your move an easy one.
Boxie24 Storage offers the following best moving tips and advice to ensure moving and storing your belongings is as hassle-free as possible. For even more convenience, check out our moving checklist, too.
Stack boxes along the walls of your unit rather than in the middle of the floor. This makes for sturdier stacks and allows you access to the back of your storage unit.
Pack items you use frequently in the front of your unit.
Stack like-sized boxes on top of one another to use space efficiently.
Pack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter ones on top.
Keep a folding step stool on hand to reach top boxes easily.
One of our core values is doing what we can to ensure the future of our planet. We work with our customers to decrease our ecological footprint, and that’s why we’re offering the following eco-friendly storage tips.
1. Use eco-friendly moving supplies. Boxie24 Storage offers sustainable moving boxes made from 100 percent recyclable material. These rentable boxes are much bigger and much stronger than traditional cardboard boxes. This means they last longer and cause less waste than cardboard. Read more about whether to buy or rent moving boxes.
2. Use eco-friendly wrapping paper. Don’t waste money on brown packing paper. Instead, use old newspapers to pad delicate items such as dishes. This is a great way to reuse newspaper and save the planet.
3. Use rope and string in place of packing tape. Packing tape is rarely biodegradable, and it uses a lot of energy during manufacturing. Instead of sealing boxes with tape, tie frequently accessed boxes with rope or string, which lasts much longer.
Whether moving or simply storing your items, the following moving tips on packing will save you a lot of time and frustration.
1. Use the right moving supplies for the job. A very common mistake most people make when packing for a move or storage is not using the right moving supplies for the items they pack. Using cheap moving boxes and plastic shopping bags acquired from the local supermarket does little to protect your things during transport and storage. The boxes often crush in on themselves and the plastic bags tear. Rather than risk damage, use quality moving supplies in the beginning.
2. Don’t overload boxes.
3. Label all boxes accurately. Make identifying box contents easy by labeling each moving box with what’s inside and the room to which it belongs.
4. Disassemble large items. Maximize the space inside your storage unit by disassembling any large items. This applies to things such as tables that take up a lot of space when fully assembled.
5. Cover furniture to keep it clean.
Whether you’re moving a short distance or a long ways away, the best moving tips above can help you through the process with ease.
If you have any questions, or need some advice with your own move or self storage solution, don’t hesitate to give us a call. If you’re a business owner looking for business self storage solutions, we offer complete office moves, too.
We want to help you in the best possible way.